Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Cylinder liners type AEG428, oversize +0.02"

alejandrocas

9 Posts
Member #: 12352
Junior Member

Hi. I’ve got the engine block at the machine shop now. It’s a 1275cc 12G1279 block fitted with standard AEG428-type liners, but after taking measurements, it’s out of tolerance, so I need to bore it out to +0.02" oversize. The specs for this type of liner state they can handle up to +0.04" for a standard engine. I’m planning to run about 10 psi of boost with an IHI VL38 turbo and an intercooler, aiming for around 120 hp. Is boring these liners to +0.02" reliable for that kind of setup? What do you think? I’d never consider going to +0.04", but +0.02" seemed like a pretty safe bet to me. The alternative would be removing the liners and re-sleeving the block, but I didn't want to spend that kind of money knowing the current liners might still be usable.

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Cylinder liners type AEG428, oversize +0.02"
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: