Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > Demon-Tweeks - Just cancelled my order

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

3 weeks ago I ordered a few parts online from them and at the time there was no idication to tell me that any of the parts where out of stock. A week later I was surprised that my order hadn't arrived (when placing the order I was told it would be a couple of days) so I gave them a call and was told that they where waiting on some of the parts.

As I've seen or heard nothing from them since I called them to day to see what was going on and they are still waiting for some of the bits. Now some people might be prepaired to wait in the dark indefinately for parts for there cars, but I've got a build I need to crack on with, so I've canelled my order and gone off to search the web for an alternative supplier.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Overpriced and their website is rubbish, unfortunately for certain things there is not much other choice available though.

I now use Merlin over anywhere else where possible, Vehicle Wiring Products for electrical, and Namrick for fasteners.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Jason G

4360 Posts
Member #: 1459
En-suite user

Braintree, Essex

They are pricey, but I have to admit I've never had any problems & found them punctual with deliveries. Be worth considering most people are doing winter projects ready for next season, so these companies will be flat out. Just a thought, and not defending them.

On 19th Jan, 2010 wil_h said:
I would start the furthest place from the finish.

On 24th Mar, 2012 apbellamy said:
I feel all special knowing that I've given your mum my wood.

Been neglecting Turbo'd 'A' series..............

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

On 2nd of Nov, 2007 at 01:49pm Tom Fenton said:
I now use Merlin over anywhere else where possible

I tend to use Merlin a lot as I drive past them most weeks, there range isn't the biggest, but after a quick chat the other week they told me that they can get parts in from any of the big name suppliers (e.g. Sparco) if you want, so I'l be doing that from now on.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

i think theyre service is very good, but there prices are very high

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

Jordan

1913 Posts
Member #: 1392
Pointless Post Whore

Liverpool, North west

It all depends on whos dealing with you, like any other shop at the end of the day.
I agree though, Prices are a bit over priced.

Back once again like a renegade master

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

Had a similar problem along the lines of- ordered something that wasn't in stock and had no warning of it ot being in stock. After nothing turned up at my door I rang to find they were out of stock. It took 3 months to get the stuff but I wasn't in any hurry. When I was in the US I ordered heaps from Summit Racing and got it delivered to my hotel. Saved heaps and it all come in a few days. I just wish they shipped to UK for cheaper and you didn't get tax shafted in the process.

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

stevieturbo

3577 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

Ive been buying a fair bit from Summit recently. Previously I called them all sorts of names for their outrageous shipping costs.
Guess I was just selecting the wrong option lol.

I now select 3-7 day air fright, and costs usually arent bad at all, and most stuff has arrived in 3-5 days.
One bonus about how they operate....you only get charged duty of purchase items. Not shipping costs too, which normally are added on. Glad they dont include this on the receipts :)

DT can be good at times, but IMO both Merlin and DT are overpriced. Merlin has usually given excellent service. But they rip us off when posting to Northern Ireland.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

iain
Site Admin

8506 Posts
Member #: 16
Sold the turbo and seeing what the C20XE can do!

Near Lincoln

i meant to do some posting to my hotel this week while in the US but didnt bother. back here again soon so i'll plan ahead!

Jason G

4360 Posts
Member #: 1459
En-suite user

Braintree, Essex

Seems abit daft with postage stevie. Found royal mail no too bad when sending stuff.

On 19th Jan, 2010 wil_h said:
I would start the furthest place from the finish.

On 24th Mar, 2012 apbellamy said:
I feel all special knowing that I've given your mum my wood.

Been neglecting Turbo'd 'A' series..............

robert

6744 Posts
Member #: 828
Post Whore

uranus

steve dont you find that ups stick on a clearancing fee?

Medusa + injection = too much torque for the dyno ..https://youtu.be/qg5o0_tJxYM

stevieturbo

3577 Posts
Member #: 655
Post Whore

Northern Ireland

On 3rd of Nov, 2007 at 09:18pm milamber said:
Seems abit daft with postage stevie. Found royal mail no too bad when sending stuff.

Merlin " Oh, there's a surcharge for Northern Ireland, I guess you guys are used to that "
Stevie. "No"

Surcharge my ass. It costs same regardless, someone is lining their pockets at my expense.

On 3rd of Nov, 2007 at 09:21pm robert said:
steve dont you find that ups stick on a clearancing fee?

Ive chosen the 2nd option, 3-7 day air frieght. This has been via DHL. they charge duty based on parcel value ( which has Summits international charge of $23 marked as shipping costs )

Looking at a receipt ( DHL's customs bill ) in front of me is interesting.

Goods value £62.20

Freight value = 0, no customs duty payable ( odd ?? )

VAT £10.88, and an Admin fee of £1.25

All in all not that bad.

I would NEVER choose UPS where I have a choice. Their COD system sucks. DHL give you your goods, then send the bill to you afterwards.

Doing it that way, makes fighting any incorrect charges so much easier.

9.85 @ 145mph
202mph standing mile
speed didn't kill me, but taxation probably will

antman

966 Posts
Member #: 358
Post Whore

Snetterton, Norfolk

We deal an awful lot with Demon Tweeks through work. We used to get messed about by them, now we deal with one bloke there and get everything we can from there as he can normally do a good deal due to the bulk we purchase being a race team.

Jay#2

2500 Posts
Member #: 648
Post Whore

Northern Ireland (ex AUS)

Yeah Royal Mail is the same for Northern Ireland as it is for England but it's amazing how many people don't get that. And yeah Summit charged $23 overseas shipping fee when my mate wanted about $12 in diff seals. But getting it sent to your hotel is great, I got a turbo insulation kit for about $80 rather than £99.

On 7th Nov, 2008 Nic said:
naeJ
m
!!!!!!sdrawkcab si gnihtyreve ?droabyekym ot deneppah sah tahw ayhwdd

wil_h

9258 Posts
Member #: 123
Post Whore

Betwix Harrogate and York

I think that it's a myth that Demon Tweeks is expensive. For a number of items over the years I have looked elsewhere for parts and found Tweekies on a par with everyone else. They also have huge stocks of stuff although they don't have everything.

Ignore the webshite though, it's pants. Best always to phone, then you won't be in the dark, you'll know before you put the phone down.

Fastest 998 mini in the world? 13.05 1/4 mile 106mph

www.twin-turbo.co.uk

On 2nd Jan, 2013 fastcarl said:

the design shows a distinct lack of imagination,
talk about starting off with a clean sheet of paper, then not bothering to fucking draw on it,lol

On 20th Apr, 2012 Paul S said:
I'm mainly concerned about swirl in the runners caused by the tangential entry.

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

deamon theives, yes they have come down in price over the years ........ thay HAD to ......

shop around the net is the portal to everthing !

the golden Rule is........... that they are all after shafting your hard earned Cash out of you... postage... VAT SHIPING what ever thay call in and dont for get ...... V.A.T. on grand total inc the postage! ... now this fooks me off

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

I agree with Wil on this. I find that DT's stock is so big that I can order everything from there to have ONE parcel sent and the pay ONE postage. If going other places I'd have to order three parcels from three outlets which especially for me as being in Norway would be less cost effective.

However, I've recently dealt with Merlin motorsport, and found these really great.

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

Bat

4559 Posts
Member #: 786
Post Whore

Bermingum

If your not abroad, you can shop around more.
I was looking 2 aero filler caps and 2 90degree hoses to go on them.
DT was the cheapest for the caps, but I could buy the 2 hoses from Think, pay their £8 postage and still be better off!!!! *surprised*

VEMs Authorised Installer / Re-seller. K head kits now available!

WB/EGT gauges. Click here for customers write-up

Visit www.doyouneedabrain.co.uk

My Mini build diary

Pottsy

460 Posts
Member #: 843

Stoke-on-Trent. Duck.

This is clearly an old thread but just thought I'd add my twopenneth. Agreed DT are expensive, or rather they charge "full price" for everything whereas other suppliers are often cheaper, but the service I've had from them has been top class. Long story short the wife bought me a Stack tacho/speedo for my birthday but ordered the wrong one. Despite the "wrong one" being custom built and almost impossible to return, the girl at DT went to extraordinary lengths to sort it out, so much so we sent her some flowers.

mini93

834 Posts
Member #: 2017
Post Whore

Warwick.

GPR get a vote from me.

Of demon tweeks i bought my rally stuff from the auto sport show, friends dad knew sumone working there so managed to get sorted well, some stuff they didnt have were sent with free postage and i believe i got some more discount ontop too

David.

Home > Companies to Avoid > Demon-Tweeks - Just cancelled my order
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: