Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Companies to Avoid > Minispares (again?)

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

After my experience with ********* (nearly a month for a 48 hr delivery) I decided to use Minispares.

Another big mistake. Ordered Tuesday, paid for 24-48hr courier, nothing arrived 24 hrs, nothing 48hrs so emailed them this morning (72hrs) and got a computer generated message "your order has now been charged and it will be delivered in the next few days, with accordance to our Delivery Policy".

Obviously their "Delivery Policy" isn't quite the same as my understanding of the English language for 24-48hrs.....
In fact "with accordance to our Delivery Policy" (their exact words) isn't actually english anyway....

So I'm apparently not going to be too busy this weekend.

Rant over.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

theoneeyedlizard

7263 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

I hate it when this happens!

To be fair though, Minispares have only cocked up once on one of my many orders with them.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

That's odd.

I placed an order on-line last Sunday evening, paid for courier delivery.

Parts arrived Tuesday morning.

Email to say parts had been dispatched arrived Tuesday afternoon. *hehe!*

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 6th Jun, 2008 Paul S said:
Parts arrived Tuesday morning.

Email to say parts had been dispatched arrived Tuesday afternoon. *hehe!*

Well I would probably be happy if that had happened to me.

I too, will probably get the parts before I get the dispatch eMail or even a reply to my message asking just what the computer generated message meant... but it certainly won't be within the 48hrs I paid for....

And I can't believe they will deliver tommorow or the day after...(weekend) so I expect their 24-48hrs will be at least 6 days, probably a lot more.

Why can't the major suppliers just be honest about their stock levels and delivery times ???

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

The problem is that they do not necessarily speed up their internal processes if you pay for a quick delivery.

My previous order was delivered the following week, but I did give them the wrong credit card number.

Sometimes the delivery will be delayed if one of the items is "exceptional" as they put it. They seem to have to prevaricate over how they are going handle certian items.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Alex

690 Posts
Member #: 1851
Post Whore

Woolavington, Zummerzet

You can't beat phoning them up and talking to a real person !!
Internet ordering - from ANY company - is alright for non-essential orders, but unless the company concerned has a night shift no emails/orders will get processed immediately...

Metric is for people who can't do fractions.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

I have to say I agree. With the increase in internet use more and more people seem to spend hours communicating with difficulty via emails, when a 5 min phone call would sort it all out with no issues.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

An ancient post excavation....

Over the last year, MiniSpares service (well to me anyway) has actually been very good.

Maybe they up'ed their game from a year and a half ago ???

Rod S

5988 Posts
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 15th Oct, 2009 Tom Fenton said:
......... when a 5 min phone call would sort it all out with no issues.

Except with an awful lot of companies, it involves 15 minutes on hold before getting through to an Indian call centre, and all at premium rate per minute charges..... ( a personall rant).

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

Just phone Minispares North -always prompt to reply, helpful and my experience is all good.
(Phoned an order Sat lunchtime, was told it would go out Monday for Tuesday delivery and that exactly what happened)
Got an accent too, but Yorkshire not Indian, which is close enough to my own residual Cumbrian to sound familiar.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I hate telephones, because it means that I actually have to talk to someone *angry*

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Member #: 719
Post Whore

Horndean - Near Portsmouth

I dont usually phone places to order, the internet is too handy.

Minispares is usually really quick for me, but it almost takes the same amount of time to search the site for the bit you want as it does to deliver!

I phoned a company in Milwaukee last night to order some wheels, the americans are so cheesy on the phone but its quite refreshing.

You have a great day now sir, byebye now...

haha

Edited by richminiturbo. on 15th Oct, 2009.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

On 15th Oct, 2009 Paul S said:
I hate telephones, because it means that I actually have to talk to someone *angry*

My sentiments exactly

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

tadge44

3004 Posts
Member #: 2500
Post Whore

Buckinghamshire

You mean you dont like talking cars !!!!!

Weird or what.

nuukuus

161 Posts
Member #: 6857
Advanced Member

Lieto / Finland

I deal with Mini Spares Nord (Rich)

There is times when I put email monday and I get parts here to Finland mid in Friday..

1399cc, Eaton M45 supercharger, N2O system, compression ratio 9.23:1, boost pressure 0,8bar/11.6psi.

http://www.garaget.org/?car=176816

jaffercake

32 Posts
Member #: 5055

leicester

I ordered a gearbox oil seal kit on 25th of september and have received f*ck all. thats over a month and counting for a f*cking oil seal kit! what a load of shit! ive only ever bought 1 other thing of them and that was a hs4 float lid which took 3 weeks to come. this sort of shit really pisses me off and i defo wont be using them again in the future. i shouldve realy bought one off ebay, wouldve came within a week, no problem. cant even start the car unless i want to say bye to a few bearings. minispares suck shit.

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

On 26th Oct, 2009 jaffercake said:
I ordered a gearbox oil seal kit on 25th of september and have received f*ck all. thats over a month and counting for a f*cking oil seal kit! what a load of shit! ive only ever bought 1 other thing of them and that was a hs4 float lid which took 3 weeks to come. this sort of shit really pisses me off and i defo wont be using them again in the future. i shouldve realy bought one off ebay, wouldve came within a week, no problem. cant even start the car unless i want to say bye to a few bearings. minispares suck shit.

Have you considered giving them a call????

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Vegard

7763 Posts
Member #: 74
I pick holes in everything..

Chief ancient post excavator

Norway

On 27th Oct, 2009 apbellamy said:
On 26th Oct, 2009 jaffercake said:

Have you considered giving them a call????

Well, I don't think he should if his spoken English is at the same level as his written..

On 13th Jul, 2012 Ben H said:
Mine gets in the way a bit, but only when it is up. If it is down it does not cause a problem.

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

Fair point V. I would at the very least give them the opportunity to let them explain before passing judgement.

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

Ben.

628 Posts
Member #: 1064
Formally Whyte_ben

Horndean, Hampshire

Haha! My hero!

I always use the London Mini spares and speak to Gavin when its something im not sure of as he seems to know his stuff.

Build Thread Click Here

madcatminis

549 Posts
Member #: 5327
Post Whore

Dudley, West mids

I use Minispares Midlands. Fair enough that they don't tend to have anything in stock when I go there but they are a cracking bunch of blokes who really do wanna help you out. Come to think of it Minispares is the only place I tend to use and I've been going there since I was 17. I'm 30 next week!!!! *happy*

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

Well, if the package hasnt arrived in the next 1hr 29 mins Im going to be well and truly f'd off

Ordered some radius arm rebuild kits early last week with "express delivery", items were 'in stock' on website etc

(ORDER No#558212‏*wink*

Next day an email from some chap Tawanda to say they are out of stock, but due in shortly

I emailed back immediately to ask if they had a timescale for this as the car is sat on a mates ramp with no rear suspension. No reply

A couple days later, I send the same email to him again. No reply

(Gav, can you give him a kick in the arse for me please?)

Now I get an email to say they are due to be delivered between 0800 and 1800 today, so me and my old man have been tag teaming the house to make sure someone is in when they call...

Gav, as an aside, dont you think its a bit rich to still charge customers for express delivery, when it turns out the items arent actually in stock?

Also, if its not here by 1800 (which I have a sinking feeling that they wont, as all deliveries in Castletown are done by 1 oclock), will MS refund the express delivery charge?

Gav, feel free to forward on my comments to whoever cares there (if anyone?)

Joe

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

t3gav

2395 Posts
Member #: 229
Gavin@minispares.com

kent

Pm sent, the order was placed on a standard delivery, we do credit the postage if the goods are ordered on express delivery and they do not turn up the next day. Any probs just send me a pm or email.

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

Thanks alright then, glad thats the case

Cheers for chasing Gav, arrived bang on 1800 lol

Joe

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

Home > Companies to Avoid > Minispares (again?)
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: