Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Avon park gorey details...

Ben H

3329 Posts
Member #: 184

Melton Mowbray, Pie Country

On 14th Jul, 2008 Nic said:
On 14th Jul, 2008 richminiturbo. said:
Yeah was a good weekend. Saturday night was quite funny, i even chundered outside my tent which im sure some you heard!

Hahahaha dont remind me, i had stereo snoring and stereo sickness from either side of my tent

(did you hear me sniggering?)

It was a good avon actually, no dodgems though

No dodgems....No anything. I had a good weekend, but not because of anything that the BMC did. This event was great a few years ago, but now there is nothing there. No jet car, no dodgems, no traders, not many minis. We are seriously thinking of not going next year and going to MITP instead. The best thing I saw this year was two bikes ride down the middle lane only to get turned around and told to queue like the rest of us, that doesn't happen often enough.

A real shame as I have only missed one mini showdown since the start.

http://www.twin-turbo.co.uk
http://www.hillclimbandsprint.co.uk/default.asp

A man without a project is like a like a woman without a shopping list.

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

anyone noticed our newest member?

I'm wondering if its starmags mate.

On 13th Jul, 2008 mini_majic said:
one of my top points of the weekend was the skyline coming down the pits next to a certain light blue mini looking rather smug and confident and getting whoooooped!!!! well done Starmag!! the car looked a hell of alot nicer in person than i had seen on here..soo many nice mini's..so much motivation but no room in my garage to use it!!!

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

On 14th Jul, 2008 mini13 said:
anyone noticed our newest member?

I'm wondering if its starmags mate.

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vu&i=3097

Godzilla R32 8-)

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Nic

9311 Posts
Member #: 59
First mini turbo to get in the 12's & site perv

Herefordshire

On 14th Jul, 2008 Ben H said:
The best thing I saw this year was two bikes ride down the middle lane only to get turned around and told to queue like the rest of us, that doesn't happen often enough.

I saw those cunts try it 3 times (excuse my french)

Anton

1050 Posts
Member #: 764
Post Whore

Staffordshire

On 14th Jul, 2008 richminiturbo. said:

The snoring was quite impressive so done well whoever that was!

Im not saying who it was but they own a red honda *wink*

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

I still think that the sunday should be for Minis only between say 12 midday and 3pm. I was queuing up for a last run at 2.45-ish only for some poxy fucking scooter to bust on the strip and cause downtime.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

On 14th Jul, 2008 Ian_W said:
had a great weekend, one or two bears on the saturday night

Blooming heck, I though you were on the beer! that would explain the mess by you tent the next morning.

I am also burn to a crisp, despite Loreal Factor 50 sun block, obviously I'm not worth it.

I was most upset that there were no dodgems :(

The commentator was a tad on the annoying side but I thought he was better that Zog.

Rob

PS Did anyone else consider it a bit anti social of that chap to fire up the Dodge at 8:00 in the bloody morning some 2 1/2 hours before the track opened?

Edited by Rob H on 14th Jul, 2008.

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

Kean

2406 Posts
Member #: 341
aka T2clubby

South Staffs

Yes, I agree, I doubt I will attend next year, It was a very poorly planned and arranged event by the BMC. Which was expected..

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts

&

TM legend.

On 14th Jul, 2008 Rob H said:

PS Did anyone else consider it a bit anti social of that chap to fire up the Dodge at 8:00 in the bloody morning some 2 1/2 hours before the track opened?

yes, BAC.

Like fuel 😂😂

Nic

9311 Posts

Herefordshire

i slept through it

Miniwilliams

5329 Posts
Member #: 140
Proven 200+bhp & Avon Park 05,06,07 Class D 3rd place

Godzilla R32 new member, well that can't be who the name says, why other wise why an earth would they be on here lol.

Yes Tom I was surprised they didn't just shut the pit lane and if you were in the queue you could run and count.

I normally were my ear defenders at this event, but it's more to stop the commentator shouting in my ear than any thing else.

Did Ben Ross go as i thought he was, but i mist so many people, as the time just flys past.

Edited by Miniwilliams on 14th Jul, 2008.

Best 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds @116 mph
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on a carb?
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on Injection?

http://www.mattwoodsphotography.com

Ben.

628 Posts
Member #: 1064
Formally Whyte_ben

Horndean, Hampshire

Ahh I was awake then, our tent was like a fcking sauna. So I just mong'ed out on the chair outside.

Build Thread Click Here

richminiturbo.

2370 Posts
Member #: 719
Post Whore

Horndean - Near Portsmouth

Never driven the car on the motorway really, so glad i wore ear defenders on the way up my ears would have bled. Got some funny looks though.

James_H

3692 Posts
Member #: 1833
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

lol Godzilla R32. you think he has come to be embarrased a little bit more. or to try and see that he was racing some sort of special race mini...lol

i slept straight through the dodge..was woken up at around 6 though because the back of my van was freeeeeezing!! (sorry if me starting it woke anybody but i needed some heat :$ )

i think i need to say hello to a few people at MITP because i stayed pretty out of the way this time. looked over alot of the cars but didnt really talk to anybody. im abit shy to randomly strat a conversation and plus everytime i was looking around people were either talking to others or busy working on their cars.

will hopefully get to chat with a few next time.

Cheers, James.

evolotion

2909 Posts
Member #: 83
Post Whore

Glasgow, Scotland

On 14th Jul, 2008 mini_majic said:
lol Godzilla R32. you think he has come to be embarrased a little bit more. or to try and see that he was racing some sort of special race mini...lol

i slept straight through the dodge..was woken up at around 6 though because the back of my van was freeeeeezing!! (sorry if me starting it woke anybody but i needed some heat :$ )

i think i need to say hello to a few people at MITP because i stayed pretty out of the way this time. looked over alot of the cars but didnt really talk to anybody. im abit shy to randomly strat a conversation and plus everytime i was looking around people were either talking to others or busy working on their cars.

will hopefully get to chat with a few next time.

Cheers, James.

do what i do and stick your nose in till people either tell you to fuck off or start talking *happy* thankfully no1 did the former *surprised*

turbo 16v k-series 11.9@118.9 :)

Denis O'Brien.

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Good atmosphere as always, which is what makes the show for me. Met a few new people & a few familiar ones.
Ian W, hope your car's ok mate, when me and Mike drove past we didin't even notice, but we did wonder why you were all sitting there.
Show seemed to have quite a low turnout this year, though i guess the recent weather played a big part.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

Jordan

1913 Posts
Member #: 1392
Pointless Post Whore

Liverpool, North west

Is it me or was that commentator the most annoying bloke in the history of the world?

And those minimotos were a waste of time. Little shits were beeping their horns at me to get past.

Shame about dogems.

Back once again like a renegade master

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

So, was it better than last year?

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Miniwilliams

5329 Posts
Member #: 140
Proven 200+bhp & Avon Park 05,06,07 Class D 3rd place

not just you no!

Best 1/4 mile 13.2 seconds @116 mph
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on a carb?
First 5 port miniturbo to make over 200 bhp on Injection?

http://www.mattwoodsphotography.com

Nic

9311 Posts

Herefordshire

yes

James_H

3692 Posts
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

those mini-motos did my head in!!! even just the noise! and that one that always took about 30mins to go up the strip! arghh and i was only watching not waiting to run!!!

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts

&

TM legend.

I was a bit peeved to say that I ran a 12.36 and received little or no mention, whilst Dave Hollis sounded like he was about to blow his load when Meads was about to run.......

Like fuel 😂😂

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

A particular highlight was when Nic was doing impressions of the commentator, then he appeared and walked over to interview Nic.
Nics one word responses were enough to cut the interview short ! Lol.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

James_H

3692 Posts
Formally mini_majic

Auckland, New Zealand

On 14th Jul, 2008 Tom Fenton said:
I was a bit peeved to say that I ran a 12.36 and received little or no mention, whilst Dave Hollis sounded like he was about to blow his load when Meads was about to run.......

wayy too true. i heard " this class D car has looked rather quick today" something along those lines, and that was it! but he couldnt stop talking about Mead!!! " i sure you'll all agree with me we hope Stuart can do it this year again!" and thats when Nathan has just ran a 9.9!! lol

sounded a touch sour when talking about Nathans car i thought. lol was quite amusing!

seeing the don run for the first time in person was quite and experience! i couldnt imagine driving it! looked very consistant though. although seemed quite big gaps between runs..tinkering time??

Anton

1050 Posts
Member #: 764
Post Whore

Staffordshire

i think hollis's "heart beat" impression everytime mead ran made me want to run up to that box and poke him in the eye.

Home > General Chat > Avon park gorey details...
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: