Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > 998Ti - St2

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

encouraging stuff ill be watching closely

Yo-Han

967 Posts
Member #: 3228
Post Whore

North of the Netherlands

Nice, congrats Paul!

Dazed and Confused....

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

A triumph of engineering.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

theoneeyedlizard

7259 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Excellent. It's looking so good.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Thanks guys.

I've now sorted the idle. The latest firmware did not like some of the original settings and the IACV was not closing. It will now idle around 1000rpm.

Alternator is now charging since I reconnected it properly and a slight water leak is now fixed.

AFRs and balance between inners and outers is not bad, just using the settings from the 1293!

New video. Apologies, but I forgot the thumbs up again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=560T1DcVVE4&feature=youtu.be

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

minivan63

114 Posts
Member #: 9645
Advanced Member

South Wales

Hi Paul this is looking really good!
When you put the hall sensors in the back of the timing cover do you thread the timing cover plate or use a lock nut either side? I am planning to adopt this, but with the standard a plus steel back plate.
I have tried out the all steel vernier with the extended bolt to trigger the sensor with the vernier on the end of a battery drill and it seems to pick up the bolt fine. I'm not sure if there will be any issues at higher revs with the steel vernier. Thanks

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I've threaded the timing cover body and used a single nut with a lot of sealant.

2 things I would do different next time: Use some sort of sealing washer and make sure that the hall sensor has an adequate temperature rating.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Not a lot of progress recently as we've been concentrating on the Midget restoration.

I've always wanted to go to 10" wheels and 4 pots but was undecided. I'd bought some calipers but little else. The other day Axel came home and asked if I wanted some 10" wheels as there were some in a skip at his workplace! He brought home 3 Mini Special/Exaction wheels in usable condition the next day :) Luckily we had aquired a single wheel in a job lot of parts a few years ago making up the set.

Black friday deals sorted some discs etc and we are good to go :)

Paul R

4018 Posts
Member #: 1757
Back to Fucking Tool status

Swindon

Looking good, I have always liked the special wheels.

May I ask, the 600cc injectors you used to replace the mini 430cc's were they close to plug and play size wise? I have a rover K-series turbo project and need to up the injectors, just can't find much info on the size of them just know the mpi mini ones fit!

Drives
-Ford S-max Mk2 Ecoboost
-Rover 100 VVC #2 - track project

Searching is all you need on TurboMinis

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I ended up using pico style 840cc injectors on this build, but I think you mean the longer pencil style 630cc injectors that I'm using on my lads turbo conversion.

They look the same length and O ring diameter as the Rover MPi ones which are the same as some of the Rover K-Series turbo ones.

Check out the Siemens Deka website for detailed dimensions.

Graham T

604 Posts
Member #: 1106
Post Whore

Hungerford, Berks

These are the 630cc/min injectors that I used originally in my 998 with the MPI Manifold:
http://sasautocustoms.co.uk/deka/13-siemen...jector-x-1.html

Part number is FI114961

Datasheet here:
http://www.siemensdeka.com/product/60lbh-s...-fi114961-60mm/

Beware though, the sizes on the datasheet are not exactly what I measured mine to be - at least length wise.

Edited by Graham T on 28th Nov, 2017.

’77 Clubman build thread
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=618189

Siamese 5 port EFI testing
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=611675

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 28th Nov, 2017 Graham T said:

Beware though, the sizes on the datasheet are not exactly what I measured mine to be - at least length wise.

You're not wrong. Mine are certainly longer than the 60mm given but they are the same length as the MPi injectors. Same part number as well.

Graham T

604 Posts
Member #: 1106
Post Whore

Hungerford, Berks

I've just measured mine - The dimension on the datasheet of 60.44mm O'ring centre to O'ring Centre is actually ~64.4mm.

It looks like the same error on the 840cc/min Datasheet as well.

’77 Clubman build thread
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=618189

Siamese 5 port EFI testing
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=611675

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Not a lot going on here. Hurt my back again, pulled a stomach muscle doing press-ups, man-flu and trying to train for the 2018 World Champs etc, etc.

Got my Excation wheels blasted:

Undecided whether to use them. 2 are OK, one is heavily corroded on the bead surface which will need a tube and the other is a slightly different shape, different offset and squared off a bit on the inner rim. After seeing Longy's post the other day, I realise that I'm going to need arches to cover them which I was desparately trying to avoid. I've got another one coming from eBay to make up an identical set of 4 but may sell on. Let me know if you are interested.

In other news, my lad has arduino talking to the MS3 with data going back and forth over CAN and displaying on a 7" touch-screen, so that opens up all kind of electronic opportunities :)

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

Might know someone interested. How much are you after?

Shame you can’t use them.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I can use them, just need arches but that's not the look I'm after.

I'll let you know if I decide to sell.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Decision made. If I going with arches, then I might as well go a bit bling so the wheels are going off to Force Carl for some extendification :)

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

I trust you’ll be going full Carlos Fandango

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Yep, but no cigar :)

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Carl has worked his magic :)

So, the big question, what colour to paint the centres? I was thinking gold.

theoneeyedlizard

7259 Posts
Member #: 1268
The Boom Boom speaker Police!

Essex

Goooooooollld!

Love them split. They look excellent.

In the 13's at last!.. Just

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I think they should be painted white and some O.Z. RACING stickers added. *smiley*

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

https://wheel-temple.com/2013/05/26/rare-oz...15-4x100-et-26/

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Gold it is then:

jonny f

2091 Posts
Member #: 9894
Post Whore

Dorking

look lovely

Home > Show Us Yours! > 998Ti - St2
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: