Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Turbo downpipe modification

1275min

186 Posts
Member #: 538
Advanced Member

Frimley, Surrey

Hi Guys,

Has someone on here made a downpipe mod to do away with the joint and horrible joint behind the engine? Sure I've seen something in the past on this.

If so any idea where I can find some more info out and purchase a pipe.

Turbo Phil

4619 Posts
Member #: 20
My sister is so fit I won't show anyone her picture

Lake District

Matt at fusion fabrications would most likely be able to make you whatever you want, otherwise it's just a matter of getting some pipe off eBay etc and making your own up.

Phil.

WWW.TURBO-MINI.COM

TurboDave16V
Forum Mod

10979 Posts
Member #: 17
***16***

SouthPark, Colorado

I never had an issue with the factory 1-3/4" downpipe when the bolt heads were welded into one half of the clamp) or the 2" maniflow downpipe (after modifying it so it properly located around the pipe. Never even used exhaust paste; they always sealed up fine.

Trying to use the clamp without welded bolts was nigh on impossible, and sealing the 2" downpipe without modifying the clamp was basically useless. Once welded, you simply got the flange positioned where you could get at both nuts; it was really easy installing and removing the downpipe.

I never minded the maniflow ball joint either- Not the best flowing, but you'll never break it that's for sure.

Edit ......... found the post about the clamp mods
http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=5958

Edited by TurboDave16V on 30th Sep, 2017.

On 17th Nov, 2014 Tom Fenton said:
Sorry to say My Herpes are no better

Ready to feel Ancient ??? This is 26 years old as of 2022 https://youtu.be/YQQokcoOzeY

Home > Help Needed / General Tech Chat > Turbo downpipe modification
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: