Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > t2 adapter plates

clubman_dan

1128 Posts
Member #: 142
Post Whore

Winchester

does anyone have some kind of instructions/ measurements for making an adapter plate for t2 to fit on a standard metty manifold? i would really apreciate it!
also does anyone have anypictures/ instructions for making an elbow for the downpipe on a t2?
also all help wouild be apreciated!
cheers
DAN :)

Jimster
Site Admin

9401 Posts
Member #: 58
455bhp per ton
12 sec 1/4 mile road legal mini

Sunny Bridgend, South Wales

I will be selling some laser cut ones of these next week or the week after, not sure I'm price yet, but will be beer money

Team www.sheepspeed.com Racing

On 15th May, 2009 TurboDave said:

I think the welsh one has it right!

1st to provide running proof
of turbo twinkie in a car and first to
run a 1/4 in one!!

Is your data backed up?? directbackup.net one extra month free for all Turbo minis members, PM me for detials

nutter driver

969 Posts
Member #: 47
Post Whore

Not very sunny swanage

ive made up both of the things your asking about in the last few weeks, ive got pics of the adapter plate which i can email you, but havent got any pics of the exhaust plate, (but will get some soonish -- i dont have a digi camera)

The turbo adapter is simply a peice of ten mm steel cut to the size of the manifold flange (outside diameter) the cut the hole in the middle (exactly - tho this is not overly important) the size of the t2 gasket. I actually also tapered the adapter using a die grinder, so that the gas would flow more freely, ie its t3 on one side, then t2 on the other. i then drilled and tapped for the four mouting bolts of the turbo, (slight lie, actually my friend hugh did that and indeed most of this, but anyway...) next i drilled and tapped six holes in the manifold, (four m4 and two m10) and the corrasponding holes in the plate and countersunk these, then bolted it all together. The hardest part of this was countersinking the large holes to be honest, needed a inch and a bit drill!!

My exhaust elbow adapter is made up in two peices, one ten mm thick and the other 6mm thick and has been carefully measured (yeh right!) so that it will take a t3 elbow in exactly the same place as a standard t3 meaning that i can use easily available downpipes etc. dont need much metal, all the stuff ive used has come from a scrap bin where a mate of mine works. all ive needed were a few hacksaw blades a couple of 4mm drill bits and a assortment of countersunk machine screws. easy. havent actually finished it yet, due to lack of time, and not being able to get to the machine screw shop, but if i can get pictures you should get the genereal idea!

hth,

Pete

edit, ive got fat fingers and often hit more than one key at a time!!

Edited by nutter driver on 24th Oct, 2004.

And on the 7th day........... God created turbochargers!

clubman_dan

1128 Posts
Post Whore

Winchester

cheers guys, jimster send me a PM with a price when you get some plates, it saves me making a mess with my shite welding skills!

Jimster
Site Admin

9401 Posts
455bhp per ton

I'd be interested in seeing how you have done your downpipe, can you post some pics

run a 1/4 in one!!

Is your data backed up?? directbackup.net one extra month free for all Turbo minis members, PM me for detials

nutter driver

969 Posts
Post Whore

Not very sunny swanage

certainly will, but wont be for a few days unfortunately cos ive got to wait for my mate top pop round with his digi cam :(

its not finished yet, but youll get the idea....

dan, no welding needed on any of the adapter plates ive made

clubman_dan

1128 Posts
Post Whore

Winchester

oh i see, just re read your post and it seems like the way you've done the downpipe is a good idea, looking forward to some pics
cheers

bousfield19

58 Posts
Member #: 705
Advanced Member

taunton, somerset, uk

hi i have jus found this topic while searching and was wandering if anyone has any pics of the finnished parts so i know what im loking at making
or if anyone has some already made that i could possibly buy off of them

steel flip front, fiberglass bonnet with 4 lamp pod and vents, tinted windows, 13"revos, 6point cage, recaros, harnesses, custom abs dash, twin exit exhaust, chrome bumpers, chrome grill,electric blue carpet, group6 arches, clear lights, push button start, flaming cooper laurels on front screen, mini wings logo on rear screen, custom dash clocks from a mg of some sort, and soon to have a car pc and a 998 or 1098 turbo

Jimster
Site Admin

9401 Posts
455bhp per ton

I've got some still to post out, sorry to you that have padi! I'm shit! sorry

I can get one to you for £12 inc p&p, but I need to make some more up first

run a 1/4 in one!!

bousfield19

58 Posts
Member #: 705
Advanced Member

taunton, somerset, uk

i will have one off you sometime mate when my build is nearer completion

steel flip front, fiberglass bonnet with 4 lamp pod and vents, tinted windows, 13"revos, 6point cage, recaros, harnesses, custom abs dash, twin exit exhaust, chrome bumpers, chrome grill,electric blue carpet, group6 arches, clear lights, push button start, flaming cooper laurels on front screen, mini wings logo on rear screen, custom dash clocks from a mg of some sort, and soon to have a car pc and a 998 or 1098 turbo

nutter driver

969 Posts
Post Whore

Not very sunny swanage

bloody hell.... cant belive i made those a year ago!! more importantly i cant belive i still havent put any piccys up...... tomorrow at some point for sure........

probably!!!

Pete

ps, someone pm me if i dont!!!!

nutter driver

969 Posts
Post Whore

Not very sunny swanage

right then, piccys should be in this link....

http://photobucket.com/albums/c263/nutterd.../turbo%20stuff/

ive taken a couple of pics of a standard t3 set up as well so you can compare it easily. the whole theory behind the adapters i have made up is to allow people who have all of the gear already, but want to convert to a t2, without too much hassle. (ie only a bit of drilling and tapping required, rather than remaking exhausts etc)

to this end, these are desinged to be used with a existing manifold, and elbow from a t3 equipped engine (ie what i had in my garage), allowing a quick and easy swap between the two turbos. the finished postion of the elbow is almost identical to that of the standard turbo, allowing the use of any exhaust previously fitted with a t3 to save any extra expense!!!

Pete

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

Looks very impressive.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

nutter driver

969 Posts
Post Whore

Not very sunny swanage

cheers tom!!

is there anyway of explaining in very very simple terms how you did that?

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

On photobucket there are three codes below each pic to help you post them. Choose the one with [img ] before it and [/img ] after it, copy and paste that into your post, bobs your uncle.

Edited by Tom Fenton on 2nd Dec, 2005.

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

here you go!

joeybaby83

6274 Posts
Member #: 509
Post Whore

Isle of Man

benross, is that in inches, and for the t2 side? are the dimensions correct?

would anyone have the t2 side internal measurements for the t3 exhaust elbow adapter, if that makes sense?

cheers

"Turbo's make torque, and torque makes fun"

"did you know you can toast potato waffles?"

dan187

774 Posts
Member #: 6724
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

What nutter driver has done is exactly what i wish to do.

Does anyone, including nutter driver, have a technical drawing (or fag pack sketch) of both the plates made?
I'd rather not weld onto the metty manifold so want to do what he did.

Hope someone can help,i know it's a very old thread...

1275 N/A Sprite, 998 T2 Turbo Mayfair
1275 EFi Turbo

Home > General Chat > t2 adapter plates
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: