Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > General Chat > Ebay assistance?

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

In a nutshell;

My Mother had a deer run out into her path, voila her Polo needs a wing and a bumper to sort.

Buy a new, genuine, wing from Ebay. described as new, ready to paint and fit.

Wing arrives, has some minor scrapes that are a bit annoying but can be sorted. But also has a great fuck off crease near the back edge that is beyond help.

Politely email the seller, say that I am annoyed about the minor scrapes, but can accept them, but cannot do anything with the crease.

Seller basically fucks me off, says I got it at a good price, tough.

Open stupid resolution centre case, to-me-to-you follows, me trying to be reasonable, him fucking me off, main reason being that it was cheap, my argument is that it doesn't matter what it cost, I cannot use it.

Basically this has now stalled, but try as I might I cannot ANYWHERE on stupid ebay find any way of escalating this or progressing it. I have clicked myself round in circles until I am ready to sledgehammer the computer, I cannot find an email or phone number anywhere.

So, can anyone help? I paid with Paypal so fingers crossed they will force a refund, but I need to somehow raise it?

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

MikeRace

6549 Posts
Member #: 1149
#1 Basshunter Fan

Force Racing ICT Dept Manager Miglia Turbo Am frum Yokshyer tha noes!

Tom im pretty sure theres a minimum time for a resolution to go through. It should say in the case. Whats the status?

1/4 Mile 14.3secs 96Mph Terminal 10psi of boost.

Fibreglass Parts? - http://www.tdkracing.co.uk/
Split Rims? - http://www.force-racing.co.uk/

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts

&

TM legend.

It now says "Waiting for me to respond" but all that will do is carry on the argy-bargy between me and the seller. I am happy I've tried to be reasonable, I have said I will return it for a refund.

Like fuel 😂😂

bennyy

2233 Posts
Member #: 9037
Post Whore

Doncaster, yorkshire

Cannot help you much, but 99% of the time going through eBay and PayPal the buyer always wins the case.

Audi s4 b5 - 470bhp & 486ft lbs

On 15th Mar, 2012 wil_h said:

Yes, Carl says he gets requests for rimming all the time

On 30th Apr, 2012 Brett said:
yeah stick the bit in and give it a wobble *wink*

MikeRace

6549 Posts
Member #: 1149
#1 Basshunter Fan

Force Racing ICT Dept Manager Miglia Turbo Am frum Yokshyer tha noes!

How many times have you done this? I think the next step will be have you resolved the issue? You say no and it gets passed onto ebay to resolve. I think the procedure is ebay try and let you sort it with the buyer first.

1/4 Mile 14.3secs 96Mph Terminal 10psi of boost.

Fibreglass Parts? - http://www.tdkracing.co.uk/
Split Rims? - http://www.force-racing.co.uk/

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Just been through this - there is a minimum amount of time where you have to spend each day trading insults before you can "escalate" the case to eBay/PayPal to decide.

I think they extended this time (in favour of the seller) recently because I had to wait a lot longer than I remember waiting before.

As Mike says it's supposed to give you (both) time to agree amicably (not that I ever have....)

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts

&

TM legend.

He is not moving, and neither am I, so it is deadlock now. I have stopped sending back more proposals as its getting no where. The bit that is annoying is I cannot find anywhere a number or email to get onto Ebay customer support.

Like fuel 😂😂

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

log into papal. on your summary page on the right you should have a list of open disputes. select the one you want and you should have the option to change it from a claim to a dispute. this will give papal a prod

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

t@z

2054 Posts
Member #: 452
Post Whore

Chester, UK

found this tom any use?

Sometimes it's hard to find eBay UK contact numbers.

You can use 0844 545-81-79 phone number to call to eBay UK

edit just called it goes to ebay cust support.

GL :)

Edited by t@z on 21st Feb, 2012.

www.twitter.com/lilpinkiy

John

10020 Posts
Member #: 1456
Mongo

Barnsley, South Flatcapshire

When you do eventually send it back, make sure you include one of Asha's leavings!

If something is worth doing, it's worth doing half of.

dan187

774 Posts
Member #: 6724
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

yeah you have to wait the allotted time then you can call them via an invitation only request. basically you request to call them and they give you a pin so that the switchboard puts you through.

1275 N/A Sprite, 998 T2 Turbo Mayfair
1275 EFi Turbo

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 21st Feb, 2012 apbellamy said:
log into papal. on your summary page on the right you should have a list of open disputes. select the one you want and you should have the option to change it from a claim to a dispute. this will give papal a prod

yes, but what happened in my case was it told me I couldn't raise it to a dispute until "x" days had passed (I can't remember how many but it was a long time).

Mine was a "business seller" so maybe they get longer ??? anyway I was just patient and escalated it as soon as I could.

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

cossierick

3074 Posts
Member #: 1348
Post Whore

wakefield West Yorks

Tom i carnt help with ebay , ive had a similar deling and got fuckin nowhere.
Do you still need a wing ? Or painting

Amp

432 Posts
Member #: 7856

Essex

Tom, don't bother with the Ebay report etc, just go through Paypal through the Resolution Centre as Andy said, escalate it as soon as you can and give them all possible information and it will fall in your favour.

Only negative is that Paypal may ask you to return it to the seller, and that means you have to swallow the cost (and if you don't send it recorded, the seller will most likely claim he didn't receive it, being the twat he clearly is).

dave-88_123

71 Posts
Member #: 5754
Advanced Member

Bridport Dorset

you have to wait 10 days from opening the case before you can escalate it once you have opened a dispute with ebay then paypal dont want to know so its just a waiting game

carl talbot

326 Posts
Member #: 1323

I thought there was a way to withdraw your Paypal payment up to 7 days after date of purchase ?

mini93

834 Posts
Member #: 2017
Post Whore

Warwick.

Some ebayers just baffle me beyond beliefe!
I bought some stuff off a chap who said that certain parts had been reconditioned. Wasnt the case and even if it was the case, other parts are missing. hes now denying he ever said it dispite it saying so in the add!
Im now going through paypal process and its now being reviewed by paypal after iv submitted some pretty damning supplimentary evidence including an engineers report and photos.

dont back down even if he offers some money as a "good will" as my chaps done, in my mind it just shows his hidden guilt

David.

BENROSS

9812 Posts
Member #: 332
Resident Cylinder Head Modifier

Mitsi Evo 7, 911, Cossie. & all the chavs ...... won no problem

i bought a mpi indicator stick paid for it and waited and waited 2 weeks no replys when e mailed this guy

so i took a dispute out it took a month to resolve tom they are slow.....the guys excuse was he was working away and forgot about it

Joe C

12307 Posts
Member #: 565
Carlos Fandango

Burnham-on-Crouch, Essex

The Rat Bastard! lol

On 28th Aug, 2011 Kean said:
At the risk of being sigged...

Joe, do you have a photo of your tool?

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...9064&lastpost=1

https://joe1977.imgbb.com/

Carlzilla

3673 Posts
Member #: 9300
Post Whore

Quarry Bonk

I'm not sure about any of you lot, but if somebody has paid me for something I simply don't forget about it. It's always at the front of mind until I have posted it off, I can then relax. If i send somebody something as a favour it works differently. I certainly wouldn't ever think of sending something that isn't as described or not fit for purpose in either instance!

On 26th Jan, 2012 Tom Fenton said:
ring problems are down to wear or abuse but although annoying it isn't a show stopper

On 5th Aug, 2014 madmk1 said:
Shit the bed! I had snapped the end of my shaft off!!

17.213 @ 71mph, 64bhp n/a (Old Engine)

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

That's because you are a normal human being like the majority of us...

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

bennyy

2233 Posts
Member #: 9037
Post Whore

Doncaster, yorkshire

I agree with carl

Edited by bennyy on 22nd Feb, 2012.

Audi s4 b5 - 470bhp & 486ft lbs

On 15th Mar, 2012 wil_h said:

Yes, Carl says he gets requests for rimming all the time

On 30th Apr, 2012 Brett said:
yeah stick the bit in and give it a wobble *wink*

Craigie-B

1492 Posts
Member #: 9468
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

I've dealt with alot of disputes in my 5 years on ebay, I can therefore conclude the dispute process favors the party that looks to be being the most resonable and making the most effort. Paypal wont care if the item was cheap, if its not described as having a crease or scratches on it then you are entitled to a refund.

The guys above are right, you will have to wait x amount of days before you can escalate it - but you must escalate it, when you do that you have to put forward your case including any images and proof that this item isnt as described (I had to fax several photographs to ebay for a fake iPod I was sold) he then has something like 10 days to reply if he doesnt it automatically goes in your favour, if he does then you get to put forward a conclusion etc and its left to paypal to decide.

Hope this works out for you mate, get some photos of the item, but put a piece of paper with the "dispute id" in the picture as well with your name

Edited by Craigie-B on 22nd Feb, 2012.

On 10th Mar, 2012 theoneeyedlizard said:

Hypothetically speaking, where would you stick your nozzle?

On 22nd Jun, 2012 apbellamy said:
my wife doesn't know what.head is never mind compression ratio.

metroturbo

806 Posts
Member #: 989
Post Whore

North Yorkshire

My girlfriend recently sold an item on ebay, and the buyer immediately claimed it was wasn't as described as part of it was missing. She knew this wasn't true, but couldn't be arsed so offered a refund. What was returned, via recorded delivery, was an empty box. Paypal refunded the buyer because they could prove we had signed for what they sent. The fact it was an empty box, and not the item sold, was of no interest to Paypal. Wankers!

Johnny

1183 Posts
Member #: 6926
Post Whore

Accrington

do you have the address metroturbo?

Home > General Chat > Ebay assistance?
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: