Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > MS Trials & Testing > MS3X MPi Trials

dan187

774 Posts
Member #: 6724
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

On 20th Nov, 2014 JumboHH said:
Hi Dan, Hi Paul,

I'm trying also a MS3 at a 1380ccm MPi with the original injectors full sequential. I have the injector timing at end of squirt. The Engine runs well until 5.000 rpm. I have some problems to find the correct timing at low rpm and high MAP, and high rpm and low MAP. Can you help me there? What difference you have between 100kPa and 35kpa at the same rpm? I'm at the moment at 650 deg at Idle and 540 deg at full throttle at 6.500 rpm.
My second problem is speed misfire at more than 5.300 rpm. I have Lost Sync Reason 22 - Rover#2 tooth error. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Stefan

I can post up my timing figures when I get home. I think i'm 540 at idle , 510 at full throttle and 700 at full vacuum cruise.

The sync issue i think is due to the resistor pot adjustment, have you any tooth log traces?

As Paul says, the injectors aren't large enough. Are you measuring both inner and outer AFR? (sorry can't, view your log files at the moment).

1275 N/A Sprite, 998 T2 Turbo Mayfair
1275 EFi Turbo

JumboHH

10 Posts
Member #: 10968

Hi Dan, your timing table would be very intrested. I still can not understand why the injectors are too small. My PW is allways lower then 4.0 ms. But I'm already looking for 800cc Bosch injectors. I use two Bosch LSU4.9 Lambdas and have a AFR difference of 0.5 AFR. Unfortunately I have no tooth logs, but can log on sunday. I don't have any pot's on my board. I use the ATDriveboard. I'd like to send you my MSQ and would be very glad if you could even look over it.

Stefan

Edit: Link deleted, caus no legal board.

Edited by JumboHH on 22nd Nov, 2014.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

The ATDriveboard is a counterfeit MS3 based ECU for those that are interested.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

JumboHH

10 Posts

Not right! The ATDriveboard ist just the Board. You can control the board with the original MS3 processormodule. It is compatible with the Board and must be ordered separatly. Thats all.

jbelanger

1267 Posts
Member #: 831
Post Whore

Montreal, Canada

That is still not a legal way to use the MS3 code and board. That goes against the licensing agreement. If you want to use this board, write your own EFI code (and even then you're not respecting how the MS3 is supposed to be used).

Jean

http://www.jbperf.com/

JumboHH

10 Posts

I did not know that, please excuse.

valant1

13 Posts
Member #: 1223

Hi paul I also manage a 998 engine with full sequential Siamese code and I have some difficulty to run it with 649 cam. Can you share you .msq file to compare with mine?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

I don't use the "Siamese Code", haven't done so for years.

A 649 is really not suitable for a 998 unless it's a full race build.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

valant1

13 Posts

Yes, i can understand that nobody want to drive my car without a helmet but she really driveable. I drove it many month with carb and megasquirt (spark only) but know i want to use the fuel injection. Does the sequential code is better than siamese ? I adjust a lot the tables this week end now it run well... Missfires past 4800 (when she start to pull).
I need help to adjust but with fuel injection it is more torquey and a lot smooth at idle do you want my msq ?

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

Whilst Paul has moved over to MS3, there are still some of us who use the MS2-E siamese code to good effect.

I presume you are trying with the MS2-E code.

If so, can you provide a bit more detail apart from the cam.

Injector size and location (how close to the inlet runners as the siamese code is for port injection) and where you have the two widebands situated. And if it's turbo, how did you deal with the widebands pressure signal.

And, before looking at any msq or msl, how far apart were the two readings when you had it running.

If you get the timing tables and VE tables right, the inner and outer AFRs can be pretty much identical (well on a less wild cam on a turbo install anyway)

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

valant1

13 Posts

My engine is a 1080 engine with std mpi manifold, injectors and regulator, no turbo with this cam.
I only have one WEtech wideband next to y branch.
Now i only use a single table for outers and inners but they look pretty tuned no color difference beetween both.
the cam input is contact breakers by opto circuit.
This is my .msq

Attachments:

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

From a very quick look at your msq, it's set for Alpha-N ???

Why.

For a port injection setup with a single throttle body (or plenum) why are you not using speed density (MAP, multiply by) ?

But, TBH, if you don't have twin widebands you are just flying blind with the siamese code.

It's whole intent was to be able to alter injector timing and VE tables to overcome charge robbing by altering the fuel into the inner and outer cylinders.

I'm afraid playing with the tables without knowing what the effect is on the individual AFRs is just pissing in the wind (as we would say in Suffolk).

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

JumboHH

10 Posts

Hi all,

i fixed the problem with missfire at 5.300rpm. The original crank sensor gave a too high voltage signal. I have a 10 kilo ohm resistor soldered to the ground line.

Home > MS Trials & Testing > MS3X MPi Trials
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev  
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: