Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > Show Us Yours! > 998Ti - St2

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

Nowt wrong with the ZX Spectrum, but if you want state of the art electronics then the MS3 Pro is available. It has the same functionality of the above but is a factory built assembly with SMD components.

http://www.ms3pro.com/

The downside is that you lose the ability to add and adapt to suit your specific application. Also, the best way to learn how an ECU works is to actually build it :)

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

dan187

774 Posts
Member #: 6724
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

Paul, you ordering anything from diyautotune in the near future? I want a real time clock module but don't fancy paying the shipping fees just for that.

1275 N/A Sprite, 998 T2 Turbo Mayfair
1275 EFi Turbo

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Not at the moment. We have nearly everything for the build, except time :(

Anyone else?

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Rod S

5988 Posts
Member #: 2024
Formally Retired

Rural Suffolk

On 3rd Jun, 2015 Paul S said:
Anyone else?

Me neither, like Paul I have everything I need apart from time....

Mind you Paul, it looks like you are making more progress than me at the moment.

Dan, try Phil Ringwood (extraefi dot co dot uk) or james Murray himself, as they both build and repair in the UK, they might have some of the cards without having to go to the USA.

Their phone numbers are on here http://www.megasquirt.co.uk/suppliers/ (along with some others I've never heard of but might also be worth a try).

Schrödinger's cat - so which one am I ???

dan187

774 Posts
Member #: 6724
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

Cheers Rod, I did try efiextra last year but he'd never bought one. Will try James tho.

1275 N/A Sprite, 998 T2 Turbo Mayfair
1275 EFi Turbo

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Mmmm..............plumbing:

Turbo drain has ended up a bit short, so need to sort that.

Now onto the actuator bracket.

Sprocket

11046 Posts
Member #: 965
Post Whore

Preston On The Brook

On 3rd Jun, 2015 gr4h4m said:
Looks like the inside of a zx spectrum

*Rofl!*

On 26th Oct, 2004 TurboDave16v said:
Is it A-Series only? I think it should be...
So when some joey comes on here about how his 16v turbo vauxhall is great compared to ours, he can be given the 'bird'...

On 26th Oct, 2004 Tom Fenton said:
Yep I agree with TD........

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

In other news, plenum air box fitted:

Room for 350mm inlet runners. Torqelicious *smiley*

gr4h4m

4890 Posts
Member #: 1775
Post Whore

Chester

The car has just changed colour?

I run a supercharger and I don't care the TB is on the wrong side.
VEMS + 12 PSI + Liquid Intercooler = Small Bore FUN!

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Member #: 9764
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Witch cars this one Paul?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

It's Sturgeo's Racing Flame. Getting the 1293Ti engine from the abandoned Mig project.

<<<<<<<<

As we don't have a build thread, just dropping pictures in this thread when there is something a bit different from the norm done.

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Oh yeah it's one sat in the other barn with the mini 30

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Wet day, slow workwise and a bit of progress :)

Radiator fitted, although it will have to come out again to make a bit of clerance with the wing.

Fuel pipes made up and regulator fitted.

Need to complete the heater pipework next, sort the rockers, then I can start wiring.

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Finally got that radiator in haha avout time won't be long till you get it going

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Haha it took a few months :(

Had to cut most of the inner wing out to get the electric fan in :(

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

Really?? Couldn't you of just bolted it on the other side?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

It's bolted directly to the rad so that air is drawn through the rad rather than around it.

Rob H

4314 Posts
Member #: 700
Formerly British Open Classic

The West Country

Apologies if it's been asked before but what's the sensor on the head between the spark plugs for?

Isambard Kingdom Brunel said:
Nothing is impossible if you are an Engineer

PhilR

696 Posts
Member #: 10034
Post Whore

Birmingham

Those are knock sensors between sparkplugs 1-2 and 3-4. Will be interesting to see whether the one furthest from the timing chain gives a cleaner signal.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Yes, knock sensors.

Discussed here:

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.p...tid=545295&fr=0

It will indeed be interesting to see what noise they pick up.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Air Inlet pipe today, amongst other little jobs.

Tom Fenton
Site Admin

15300 Posts
Member #: 337
Fearless Tom Fenton, Avon Park 2007 & 2008 class D winner

&

TM legend.

Rotherham South Yorkshire

I'll be interested to see how you get on with the knock sensors. Did the MPI's ever have one fitted?

On 29th Nov, 2016 madmk1 said:

On 28th Nov, 2016 Rob Gavin said:
I refuse to pay for anything else

Like fuel 😂😂

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I don't believe that MPis were fitted with knock sensors.

Setting them up is going to be quite a learning curve, although it will be configured so that they are only needed when something goes amiss.

Chalkie

1909 Posts
Post Whore

Northamptonshire.

MPI didn't have knock sensors.

And Paul only thing letting that engine bay down is the rocker cover dude needs this one http://www.dsnclassics.co.uk/retrosport-sh...ver-retrosport/

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

No way. Nowhere to connect the vent pipes. Body coloured steel rocker covers is the way forward.

What's letting the engine bay down is traces of blue here and there :)

Home > Show Us Yours! > 998Ti - St2
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests) <- Prev   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: