Donations towards server fund so far this month.

£0.00 / £100.00 per month
Page:
Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > CNC Billet Injector Bosses and Manifold

Paul S

8604 Posts
Member #: 573
Formerly Axel

Podland

I'm getting some pricing details for some of these:

This thread details the application.

http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/index.php?p=vt&tid=307902

I'm also working on a long runner manifold design, utilising these bosses and that will fit without any bulkhead mods.

The actual price will be depend very much on the numbers, so just trying to get an idea of the likley market.

Edited by Paul S on 28th May, 2012.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

Brett

9502 Posts
Member #: 1023
Post Whore

Doncaster, South Yorkshire

I will take 2 Paul :)

Yes i moved to the darkside *happy*

Instagram @jdm_brett

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I forgot to add that they will not fit with the Metro Turbo exhaust manifold. Probably will fit the Mirage though.

Saul Bellow - "A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep."
Stephen Hawking - "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

apbellamy

16540 Posts
Member #: 4241
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

Rotherham, South Yorkshire

Any indication on price Paul? Very tempting for a future modification I have in mind...

On 11th Feb, 2015 robert said:
i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Andy, it's a bit chicken and egg. The price will be very much dependant on numbers. I'll update this thread as soon as I get some costs back.

Brett

9502 Posts
Post Whore

Thats alright i will be building another by then anyway
Would you be making a few of the long runner manifolds your working on aswell?

If this all goes ahead its at the perfect time too i have just been buying up parts for this but planned on modifying an mpi manifold or running an spi settup

Instagram @jdm_brett

apbellamy

16540 Posts
King Gaycharger, butt plug dealer, Sheldon Cooper and a BAC but generally a niceish fella if you dont mind a northerner

OK, chances are I'm in for a pair. Is there any option on something to bung up the third injector hole, should we not require the extra fuel?

i tried putting soap on it , and heating it to brown , then slathered my new lube on it

*hehe!*

adrian

432 Posts
Member #: 2726

wakefield

Hmmm, I cud be interested mate.

Adrian

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 28th May, 2012 apbellamy said:
OK, chances are I'm in for a pair. Is there any option on something to bung up the third injector hole, should we not require the extra fuel?

There will definately be an option of just the two side by side injector holes.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

On 28th May, 2012 Brett said:
Would you be making a few of the long runner manifolds your working on aswell?

Thats the plan. I'm working the layout before submitting it for CFD analysis.

apbellamy

16540 Posts

Alternatively I could just use a 3rd injector as a bung, just in case...

*hehe!*

alaskanow0

1434 Posts
Member #: 8466
Post Whore

Mansfield

I'd be interested in the complete manifold and injector bosses. When do you think whole kits will be available?

Edited by alaskanow0 on 28th May, 2012.

Class C 3rd Place Avon 2011 14.18 @101mph

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Hopefully have some idea on lead time in the next week or so.

Biggest problem with the manifold is the location of the throttle body and getting enough clearance with the clutch master. I think we have it sussed. Just need young-un to create the 3D layout for CFD.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Here's the latest configuration for the manifold:

It's a bit like the Mig, but with the plenum much further forward. Also the Throttle Body will be offset and directly on a flat end plate rather than a concentric taper.

Edited by Paul S on 28th May, 2012.

dan187

774 Posts
Member #: 6724
Post Whore

Wootton Bassett

i could be interested, all depends on the cost. Do you have a ball-park value in mind? or at least an estimate for different batch sizes?

1275 N/A Sprite, 998 T2 Turbo Mayfair
1275 EFi Turbo

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Well, I've got enough feedback to suggest that I could risk a batch of at least a dozen bosses. That gives me something to go on.

I'll be back with prices as soon as I get something back from the machinists.

Brett

9502 Posts
Post Whore

How about bling bling fuel rails *happy*

Im just being lazy now to be honnest *hehe!*

Instagram @jdm_brett

minivan63

114 Posts
Member #: 9645
Advanced Member

South Wales

Paul I would be interested also - dependent on price.

Also what Brett said ^^^

Is there any way to integrate some mountings for the brackets for the fuel rails similar to what you have done on the miglia?

Would the plenum and runners need to be in Al or could this be done in stainless?

Edit: I can see how you have connected the boss and runner together so guessing could use either material

Edited by minivan63 on 28th May, 2012.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I already have some of that D shaped fuel rail. I was thinking of simple straps to secure them. Work in progress.

The plenum and runners could be made from stainless steel. I'll be using aluminium.

minivan63

114 Posts
Member #: 9645
Advanced Member

South Wales

Just wanted to check if this arrangement work ok on a 998 with staged injection? I looked through the thread above and couldn't see which injectors were primaries and which were secondaries - although i'm sure it is in there somewhere.

Would it be best to run the central one as a primary and then two smaller injectors as secondaries, or the primary and secondary side by side?

Is there any chance of getting a batch of plenums made up as well?

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

I'm going to be using them on a 998 with staged injection.

We are using these bosses on the Miglia with the upper central injector as a primary and then the two lower injectors as secondaries.

I would be quite happy just using the two lower injectors side by side as primary and secondary on the 998.

You can now get high impedance 1600cc/min pencil injectors, but I'm not sure of the performance at low pulse widths.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Still waiting on prices, but here's some CFD plots of the manifold. Based on 2 bar boost and 0.3kg/sec:

No swirl due to the offset inlet. Possibly higher local velocities within the plenum due to the lack of a tapered inlet.

Paul S

8604 Posts
Formerly Axel

Podland

Struggling to get prices.

Both companies I've tried so far (known Mini interests) don't have the required 4-axis cnc milling machines.

I've now got to pack for chasing Wiggo around the Alps, so this is on hold for a bit. Apologies.

Anyone got a spare £6k for a small 4-axis mill?

Turbo This..

1767 Posts
Member #: 9165
Previously josh4444

Australia, brisbane

On 30th May, 2012 Paul S said:
Still waiting on prices, but here's some CFD plots of the manifold. Based on 2 bar boost and 0.3kg/sec:

No swirl due to the offset inlet. Possibly higher local velocities within the plenum due to the lack of a tapered inlet.

why not have the turbo feed on the manifold come up the center from down below in between the head and plem and merge in like the runners do ? that would create a more straight curl of airflow rather than air entering one end and turning to go down each runner? makes scene to me but im no engineer !! *oh well*

Edited by Turbo This.. on 31st May, 2012.

topcat

318 Posts
Member #: 9408

Tiptree, Essex

That would be potentially awesome, might mean the runners could be shorter too if the flow is smoother.

www.topcatcustom.co.uk

Home > A-Series EFI / Injection > CNC Billet Injector Bosses and Manifold
Users viewing this thread: none. (+ 1 Guests)   Next ->
To post messages you must be logged in!
Username: Password:
Page: